The International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme is a challenging, two-year, pre-university programme primarily aimed at students ages 16 to 19. The IB Diploma Programme leads to a qualification that is widely recognized by the world’s leading universities.
The Diploma Programme encourages students to:
- ask challenging questions;
- learn how to learn;
- develop a strong sense of their own identity and culture; and
- develop the ability to communicate with and understand people from other countries and cultures.
The Diploma Programme model below shows the emphasis on balance across different subject areas as well as the emphasis on holistic learning and the development of research skills necessary for college as embedded in the core elements of Creativity, Action and Service (CAS), Theory of Knowledge (TOK) and the extended essay in a subject of the student’s choice.
Diploma Programme Model
If you have any questions about the IB Diploma Programme at Tashkent International School, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are links you will find useful about the IB Diploma Programme at TIS:
Below are useful links about the Diploma Programme from the International Baccalaureate Organization:
- General Regulations of Diploma
- Amendments to the General regulations 2008-2009
- General information about Diploma programme
- Country information for university recognition and other IB world schools
- Information for IB Students
- Information for IB Parents
Click here to find out more information about the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme.
© International Baccalaureate Organization 2002, 2007, 2011