As Director I am honored to serve an international school community dedicated to being exemplary in international education and as a school community. TIS is approaching its 25th year as the leading school for the diplomatic community of Tashkent and is proud have parents say that our school is “the best thing going in central Asia”.
TIS is dedicated to the beliefs upheld by the curricular framework of the International Baccalaureate Organization, known as the IB. We offer the three IB programs at TIS:
• PYP = the Primary Years Programme: from pre-school to grade 5;
• MYP = the Middle Years Programme in grades 6 – 10; and
• DP = the Diploma Programme in grades 11-12.
These programs encourage inquiry-based learning and teaches students to search for and analyze the validity of information about the ever-changing world around them. Students are taught to communicate ideas confidently in multiple media and to consider the perspectives of others. The curricula of all three programs aims to develop all learners as internationally-minded, meaning TIS students become:
• self-aware, aware of others and seeking to engage with global issues
• open-minded and flexible in their thinking
• receptive to practices, beliefs and systems of thinking other than their own
• valuing diversity and difference
• speaking (or learning to speak) more than one language and prepared to take risks
by communicating through cultural, ethnic, geographical and language differences
• caring, supportive and empathetic towards others
• curious and interested in the world and
• equipped with the skills, capacity and willingness to make positive changes in the world
In addition, TIS is dedicated to an education focused on service-learning and balanced by the richness of extra-curricular activities.
For prospective families considering a move to Tashkent, we encourage you to contact us and join our family at TIS, Home of the Owls!
Street Address:38 Sarikul Street, Tashkent 100005, Uzbekistan
International Address: 7110 Tashkent Place, Dulles VA 20189-7110
Tel.: +(998-71) 291-9670, 291-9672, 2919667 Fax: +(998-71) 120-6621